Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers Day-
Ive always had mixed feelings about Fathers Day. For the first 8 years of my life I didnt even know that I was supposed to have a dad. I still do not know 100% who my dad is. But I am so thankful that I had a grandpa who stepped in as father figure in my life. I didnt live with my "pa" full time until I was 12.
But he being the only father I ever sort of had I learned these things from him:
* my work ethic
* my kids come first
* giving up is not an option
* health issues wont stop the show- keep going
* there is nothing as beautiful as flowers
* plant a garden
* Reading IS important
* respect yourself
* Stay out of other peoples business
* you dont always need all of the newest gadgets
* be responsible
*finish what you start- no matter how long it takes
* look around you, outside of your everyday world.
Pa, taught me so much. More and more everyday I notice things that I do that are from his influence in my life. :-)

No comments: