Sunday, August 7, 2011

Silence is truly golden

I have had the wonderful gift, once, to enjoy three days in complete and total silence. Meaning I was not allowed to speak. and I was to spend the three days in silent meditation with God. I accepted the gift not knowing if I could do it. After the experience, not only can I do it but I crave it. I wish it were something I was allowed to do a few times a year. To be given the respect and the opportunity to be in total concecration.
It is amazing what happens in silence. Real silence. Like after you get past the first few hours of the chatter that feels your brain when you start to be silent you really start to embark on a deeper level of connectedness.
I can remember writing during this time and literally feeling my mind open up to other thoughts. Those that were below the surface. And it was beautiful. Im craving that today. Lately my mind is so full. Life, work, kids, grandkids, school, finances, health, etc....It is sometimes overwhelming and I feel I lose what I really need in the noise. Like why do I get so frustrated when others make bad choices (according to me) about their lives. Why do I care? And why does it bother me when people take advantage of me. I must be the one letting them. Why dont I think about this before letting them push me too far? It is my choice. Ugg! I want to find a way to have some silence soon. I need Gods guidance and I know that in the silence I hear Him so clear. hmmmmm how to do it.

No comments: